Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, June 20, 2016

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! -WEEK 46

FIRST OFF HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO THE BEST FATHER THAT A KID COULD EVER ASK FOR!! I will forever be grateful for the endless service that he gave to other people to help me watch and learn how to serve the people of the Philippines and everyone after my mission for the rest of my life!! 

SECOND OF ALL!! How can we ever express our gratitude of our earthly fathers without addressing the greatest father anyone could ever ask for!! The father that will 100 percent always do everything for you to be happy and help you prepare to return to live with Him again!! I AM SOO GRATEFUL FOR OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!! Without Him we would be nothing!! I love the way my mom said it!  "I'm so thankful for Him. For His love for us every day.  Without it, how could we ever make it?  How could we do what we do?  Why would we?  
  I LOVE ABSOLUTELY LOVE how it says how could we do what we do? BUT THE GREATEST PART IS WHY WOULD WE?? 
I asked this question to myself a few times on this mission after having hard times. I would sit down and just ask myself "why am I here??  2 times I had a very sweet experience with this question!! The first time I prayed and was directed to the scripture "love the Lord with all your heart might mind and strength!!" And I realized that's exactly why I'm here!! The second time my answer came thru a letter from a very very wise man!! "You're only there for 24 short months! Make these 24 months what shapes you, what molds you and makes you have a greater desire to come home and do better!"  May not seem like much but I realized this week how much a life changer this mission is!  I have seen some of my BEST FRIENDS might I add little boys... (SHOUTOUT TO THE KR3W!!) change into some of the greatest men ever!! I have also seen the blessings of a mission in many of the great people in my life that have served missions!! I have truly seen a mission make a man out of a boy!! Just like our Heavenly Father discreetly hinted at this in one of my favorite disney movies mulan!! (although I'm not and some of my friends aren't) he has truly made a man out of us!  AND YES THAT MEANS THRU TRIALS!! NOT JUST BY LIVING LIFE EASY!! 
But although we have trials we can take joy from a favorite verse in the BOM!! "his anger is not turned away... BUT HIS ARM IS STRETCHED OUT STILL!!"

WE ALL HAVE THE GREATEST FATHERS WE CAN ASK FOR BUT LETS ALL TAKE THE TIME TO THANK OUR HEAVENLY FATHER FOR ALL THE TRIALS HE GIVES US THAT ARE MAKING US READY FOR OUR ETERNAL GLORY!! 

LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!
 Mayon Volcano


 Service Project in Ligao


We must be swift as the coursing river,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon....
I'll Make A Man Out Of You!



No comments:

Post a Comment