Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, December 7, 2015

BALUT......WHAT??? -WEEK 18

Well this week I had BALUT for the first time!! And it was actually really delicious!!! lol I sent a pic of me and the egg and if you look closely you can see some black lines... ya that's the chickens hair... lol I just loaded it with salt and had no regrets!! That was while I was in Legazpi for the Mission Christmas Conference!! lol kinda early, but it was soo cool to see all the missionaries in our mish and to see my batch from the mtc!! Also I finally busted out the selfie stick my fam sent me and lets just say I fell in love with it instantly!! lol

"BALUT"
"selfie stick love"
reunited and it feels so good!
Elder Baker and Elder Downing from the MTC with a couple Sister Missionaries too

Well this last week we celebrated my comps birthday which is the same day as my girl Elle!! (HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLERY!!)  Well to celebrate we had a FHE lol that's how we celebrate birthdays here, hahha plus alot of lessons!!Well we also had another baptism!! Oh side note... at the Christmas conference, we found out who the top baptizer is and guess who it was... Elder Irabon "the great" that's his nickname in the mission!! And it's no wonder why!! He has over 70 baptisms in his mish!!





 I hope everyone is having a great Christmas month soo farr!! And always have the Christmas spirit of giving this whole month!! I am able to give the greatest gift of all this Christmas season and that is eternal life! (D and C 14:7 I think lol I'm not perfect ok!) but this month I invite you all to pray for opportunities to give.. whatever you're giving, maybe it's service or maybe it's a dollar to someone in need! But the most important thing to give is your heart to that person, and let them know they are loved by you, and a loving Heavenly Father!!
Well as you guys know by now, I love giving challenges to you guys back home and along with giving the challenge, I want to invite you all to read Moroni 7:45-47.  First just read thru it, don't mark it or anything! Then read thru it again, and think about what you could do to develop better charity and go thru and mark the things you do good, and don't mark the things you don't do. Then work on doing those things better this week!  You can also read 1 Corinthians 13 that's a sobrang maganda chapter! (very beautiful)
Oh k funny story to end! So last night when we were about to eat dinner the members I was with wanted me to pray in English to bless the food... AND IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I'VE PRAYED IN ENGLISH COMPLETELY SINCE THE FIRST DAY IN THE MTC!! And it was really hard!  It kinda made me happy and wierded out at the same time!  Well time to go.  I love you all!

LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

Teaching wherever he can!

  Grab the biggest leaf around..instant Umbrella!

   


  

45. And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up,
seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil,
and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, 
believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
46. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing,
for charity never faileth.  Wherefore, cleave unto charity,
which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail - 
47. But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever;
and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment