Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Sunday, November 29, 2015

WEEK 17


WELLL WELLL WELLL I've got some news for you guys!!! I'll start with a Tagalog scripture that I memorized this last week...

bilang nattasan ni jesucristo bibinyagan kita sa pangalan ng ama at ng anak at ng espiritu santo, amen. WELLLL, since none of you know Tagalog lol it is the baptismal prayer.... why would I, ELDER BAKER need to memorize the baptismal prayer?  hmmmm wait maybe I got my first baptism.... BUT MAYBE THERE'S MORE!!!  NOT ONLY DID I DO MY FIRST BAPTISM... BUT I DID IT IN THE OCEAN!!!  WHAT!!!?!??? That has literally been a life time goal of mine!!  Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of the day I would baptize in the ocean!!  Little did I know it would be in the Philippines 3 months into my mission!!



WELL, remember when I ate that chicken intestines!!!! well I continued my journey to the rest of the chicken!!  Next I ate the chicken DUGO... BLOOD!!!  hahahaa it's masarap!!  or delicious!!  Then my next part of the chicken, of course, would have to be the FEET!!  Ya that one actually wasn't good!! lol 

"Fried chicken BLOOD on a stick"


"the chicket FEET" ewwww

Well, we had 2 family home evenings this week and those are soooo fun.  I love those!!!  I'll send pics next week.  Sorry for the short letter internet is bad today... I LOVE YOU ALL AND REMEMBER, PRAY ALWAYS AND HAKUNA MATATA!!
   







LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

In case you were wondering:  One week Elder Baker wrote to me from the MTC........he told me that he had a lot on his mind and he was wondering how he would be able to do it all.  The teaching, the language, the culture/food in the Philippines, the homesickness feelings, etc......... He had been praying for help with all of this and he said that he knew Heavenly Father would help him and he did feel better, also he had a song come to his mind....he's a lover of disney songs!!!  He thought of the song "Hakuna Matata" from the Lion King.  He decided then and there to "WORK HARD AND DO ALL HE CAN and leave it up to the Lord to do the rest".  Hakuna Matata, it means no worries for the rest of your days................Dillon's Mission Motto.

Hakuna matata
What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna matata
Ain't no passin' craze
It means no worries
For the rest of your days
And it's a problem-free philosophy
HAKUNA MATATA!

No comments:

Post a Comment