Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Sunday, February 14, 2016

APOSTLES... THEY'RE IGHT -WEEK 28

HAHAHAHA KIDDING APOSTLES ARE AMAZING!!! 

We had the very lucky privilege to listen to an apostle of the Lord speak to us yesterday!!  Elder Nelson President of the Quorum of the Twelve!!
So it went like this!  He showed up at the chapel and then we all went outside and took a big group photo on one camera and I don't have the pic yet but later I will!  But after the pic he and his wife and Elder Ardern of the Seventy and his wife waited in a line to greet us at the meeting!  And we all got to shake his hand!!  LET ME JUST TELL YOU SOMETHING!!  I received a stronger witness that he's an Apostle just from shaking his hand!!  THERE WAS POWER IN HIS HANDS!!  Yet, they were still those old man hands!  But it felt like the worlds strongest man was gripping my hand!! 

Well, I only have a lil time to talk about his talk!  And I left my notes at home so next week I'll go more in depth on his talk!  But I just want to tell you a cool experience!!  So he was teaching directly from the spirit, first of all no teleprompters out here in the Ppines!!  But so he was just sharing with us his personal insights!  And he did this like 4 times, he would be sharing and then say.. wait my minds going somewhere... somewhere in D and C... section 136.. verse (sorry I forgot the verse but it's in my notes!) and then he would just read this verse and we got the opportunity to watch an Apostle read a verse!  Break it down!  Expound the verse!  And then LIKEN IT!!  It was the greatest experience to watch a master gospel teacher at work!!  Ten feet in front of my face!! 

Other updates on my area!!  WE HAVE 4 BAPTISMS THIS SATURDAY!!!  MAYBE 6!!  hahaha the family is finally being baptised!!!  All though the dad is not being baptised, because he doesn't have time to attend church because of work, he really has a strong desire to be baptised with his family and their big family goal is to be sealed in the temple!!  Funny story... So one of the kids was messing around during the lesson and the mom goes "listen to the lesson or you're not gonna be able to go to the temple with the family" HAHAHAHAHA how cool is that!!!  They're already starting to become worthy to enter the temple!! 

Well, that has been my last week!!  I hope everyone is having a great time wherever you may be and I encourage you to always pray and read everyday!!  And one thing that was taught in the conference was to really think about your prayers!!  And your relationship with God, and your prayers will become more meaningful!! 

YA HA BIBI!! (arabic for mahal kita or in english I love you)
LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!


No comments:

Post a Comment