Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Sunday, February 7, 2016

PPINES UPDATE! -WEEK 27

Well sorry, no super cool stories this week or anything fun happening this week hahaha!  But it was a great week none the less!! 


So update on the family baptism!!  YES THEY ARE STILL GONNA GET BAPTIZED!!  But I don't know if this rule is the same in all missions but to be baptized here, they have to attend church 4 weeks in a row!!  So sometimes it takes a long time for people to be baptized and sometimes you have an investigator that is sooo smart and knows about all the lessons and actually reads the Book of Mormon, but they don't have money to attend church, so they don't attend!!  Which means they can't be baptized!!  But then you have other families that give up the money they would use for lunch and use it to come to church!!! 

I'm definitely learning lessons of sacrifice out here in the ppines!!  Pretty much all the young men in the branch have sacrifice written in their Book of Mormons!!  BUT ALL THE MEMBERS HAVE IT WRITTEN ON THEIR HEARTS!!  If I come home with one thing learned (besides the gospel, cause I definitely learned more of that haha) it would be how to sacrifice!!  I'm so thankful that the Lord sent me here to be able to learn these important life lessons!!  And I'm so thankful for the examples in my life of sacrfice!!  And I'm so thankful for so many of my friends going out and sacrficing 2 years or 18 months!! to help the people of the world that are kept from the peace and happiness of this life, because they know not where to find it!! 

WE HAVE THAT PEACE AND HAPPINESS THEY NEED AND WANT!!  SO GO OUT AND SHARE IT!! 

LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

And after many days an angel of the Lord appeared unto Adam, saying:
Why dost thou offer sacrifices unto the Lord? 
And Adam said unto him:  I know not,
save the Lord commanded me.
And then the angel spake, saying: 
   This thing is a similitude of the sacrifice of the
               Only Begotten of the Father, which if full of grace and truth.
--Moses 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment