Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Sunday, January 31, 2016

6 MONTHS WHA WHA WHA!!! -WEEK 26

SOO CRAZY BUT THIS THURSDAY IS MY 6 MONTH MARK IN THE FIELD!!!  And like my friend, Elder Pothier was saying the language really starts to set like in, in about 6 months... ya well he had a 4.0 gpa in high school I'm just a little bit slower than he is hahaha!!  It's kinda been freakin me out cause all the teachers at the mtc said ya, you'll be fluent in 6 months for sure!!!  I wouldn't say I'm fluent.. but I would say that I'm comfortable.. hahaha  I can teach a lesson and kinda hold a conversation with people, but I can never understand what they're fully saying hahaha!!  Especially when they tell like a 5 minute story.  I'm like uhhh ya, you lost me after the first 30 seconds haha!!  But it's totally fine, cause the reason I'm here is to teach people about the gospel, and I can say pretty much anything I want about the gospel!!  I've got the gospel language down.  Now it's time to become a true pure bred filipino!! 

So quick update on investigators.  Our work out here in mobo a mabate area hehe!! So the family of investigators is AMAZING HAHAHA I love them!! So yesterday at church we had a fifth sunday lesson and watched the Philippines area broadcast and then talked about it!!  But then after we were like done with the lesson, the branch president was like so does anyone have any questions for us or for the branch!?  And the mom stands up and says I have a question... when is our baptism?? hahahahaha!!  Then the whole branch looks at me hahaha I'm like February 20th!  So yeah!!  She's definitely excited to get baptised!!  And with her family... her niece is gonna get baptised to!!  And that same day we have 2 other baptisms!!  So in total, 8 baptisms on one day!!!  What better way to celebrate my 6 month mark, than by having a family of 6 be baptized!!! 

So this whole last week it seems like everything has been about missionary work... but not "MISSIONARY" work MEMBER missionary work!!  And I just remembered one of my favorite songs now.  It's "I Will Not Be Still" by Kenneth Cope!  I encourage all members to go listen to that song and then think about the blessings of the gospel in your life or your family's life... then here's the "hard" part.  Go out and SHARE the gospel!!!  If you're too scared to share by yourself, go out with missionaries!!  Then all you have to do is bear your testimony!!  And just a reminder, it doesn't matter how old you are, anyone can work with the missionaries!!  

mahal na mahal po kayo!! 
LOVE ELDER BAKER

HAKUNA MATATA!!






Sister Delgado got transferred to Masbate!!
They met and found out they know some of the 
same people....Dillon's cousin, Caitlin was her roomate at BYU!



 Mom woke up one morning, to friend requests
on FACEBOOK!  And lot's and lot's of
PICTURES of our cute Elder!  We love the 
sweet members in Masbate who love the missionaries❤




How can I keep this gift to myself
When I can lift somebody else.
I'll be a witness of his miracles and his mercy.
I put my future in his hands,
Knowing he's made me all I am.
When I put my faith in him the truth begins to speak,
His power is real it moves me until I will not be STILL.
                                           --Kenneth Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment