Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, January 18, 2016

FAMILY BAPTISM??? -WEEK 24

SO THIS WEEK WAS A GREAT BLESSING!!  Everyone always says after hard times comes the blessings!!  And that was sooo true with this last week!!  I had one of the worst weeks of my whole mission!!  Everything was just hard with the people rejecting us!!  And then it all turned around when we got a referral for a family!! So we immediately tried contacting them!!  All we had was a name and a general place so we asked around and the lady we asked if she knew them, walked us over there and then stayed and listened to the lesson!!!  Well, it turned out they both were interested in our message!!  So they both wanted us to come back the next day!!  So we did, and the next day we taught both of the people in different lessons but with their whole families!!  And one invited her friend!!!  Well, one of the families is gone every Saturday and Sunday, so they couldn't attend church, but the other family ALLL SHOWED UP!!  It was funny cause they came in late during one of the speakers!! (they were only like 10 minutes late, but we are done with the sacrament 10 minutes in!!) but, so they all came in and the whole branch is like what the heck who is this!?  And then immediately members were getting out of their seats to go sit next to the family members and fellowship them, soo that was great!! 

Another cool thing is this last week I realized how much I think in Tagalog!!  Like it's the weirest thing whenever I'm walking around all my thoughts are in Tagalog!!  And the other day in a lesson an investigator asked me to pray in English... lets just say my biggest fear now is praying in English!!  It's one of the hardest things for me to do!!  I realized when I was praying in English, I think of what I want to say in Tagalog and then say it in English!! 

I LOVE THIS MISSION!!   I think it's crazy how much I've grown up in just a short couple months and I'm so excited to see how much I can grow!!  And I just think it's straight up cool how I think, speak, and dream in a different language!!  

ONE QUICK LAST THING!!  My momma just said to me she said, you have been blessed and now your giving back for those blessings!!  And I was thinking about my experience with the hard times and now the blessings... and I need to remember to be thanklful for all those blessings!! But I just want to give everyone else a helpful reminder to always thank our Heavenly Father for blessings!!  There's a scripture somewhere in D&C that says when you recieve everything with thankfulness you will receive ten fold!!  And I know that to be true!! 


I LOVE YOU ALL AND JUST REMEMBER HAKUNA MATATA!! HEHE ;)
LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!


 I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE'S RIDING HERE,
JUST GLAD TO KNOW HE GOT OFF ALIVE!
  SLIMY...... YET SATISFYING!


 I THINK ELDER BAKER IS REALLY GOING TO MISS HIS SIDEKICK, MJ
 

  



I thank thee, dear Father in heaven above,
For thy goodness and mercy, thy kindness and love.
I thank thee for home, friends, and parents so dear,
And for ev'ry blessing that I enjoy here.


No comments:

Post a Comment