Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, January 11, 2016

BUNYAG!! (baptism in masbateno) -WEEK 23

Here's a short, but awesome email from Elder Baker!  He actually emailed me back real quick and said oops he didn't mean to send it yet and was finishing it up, but then was gone.......and I didn't hear another word!  SO, here's the exciting news from Masbate this week!!  (we did get some cute pictures though!)        Masbateno = a different dialect in the Philippines than Tagalog.    





Hello family and friends!

So this week was a busy week.  We got back from training in Legazpi Thursday morning at 3:00 in the morning!  And then we got up at 6:30 and went to work!!  We only had a short week here in mobo area but we still got a BAPTISM!!  And I got to baptize her!! 


Sad news.  We had 3 baptisms lined up for January 23rd and the 2 girls that had been our investigators for 3 months and have been attending church were finally gonna be baptized... then the mom flipped on me yesterday!   She started yelling at me about how they are born again and she didn't want us there anymore.  So ya, only one baptism now on the 23rd!!  And then we should have 2 part member baptisms coming up!!  So it's really exciting the next couple weeks!! 
LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

MJ got his mission call!!!  
He's going to the Philippines, Cagyan De Oro Mission
Reporting on January 29, 2015!
We know he will be such a good missionary
and can't wait to hear about his experiences.
The small boat they rode over to Legazpi on! 
 Elder Baker with his new companion and his Mission Presidents

 Another Elder in the apartment bought a sauna suit, haha!
BAPTISM! 

Nothing better! 
future missionaries 


random food in their apartment!
looks like someone like M&M's : )


I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the BEST I can and live with God again!

No comments:

Post a Comment