Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, March 13, 2017

HUMBLING WEEK -WEEK 84

Soo this was a totally weird week especially for the Philippines!  So remember last week we found a ton of SWEET NEW INVESTIGATORS!! So this week we went back to go teach them and to teach our other investigators in those areas... well on Tuesday .. EVERY APPOINTMENT FELL THRU... so with nothing to do we went finding, thankfully we found 2 new investigators! Then Wednesday .. same thing.. every appointment fell thru except ONE!! Which was with a potential investigator! The finding again..and lots of walking! Thursday .. same thing no appointments.. Friday ..same! Saturday we went to Lomacao and taught 2 of our progressing investigators which one of those is getting baptized next week!! WOAHH!! But after that Saturday afternoon... same thing appointments feel thru!! But we ended up contacting a new investigator that we are really excited to teach!! He’s a part member that really looks up to his brothers example of changing when he received the gospel! So we’re hoping he will start the change also! 

SO HERE’S WHERE THE GOOD PART STARTS!! 

So Sunday was fast Sunday out here and I was fasting for let’s say... a MIRACLE! For at least 1 of our investigators we’ve been working with to come to church besides the one being baptized... well NO MIRACLE!! so at this point I had reached a new low!! I was soo disapointed of the week we had, and how we had no fruits for our efforts at the end of it! Well at sacrament meeting I get called randomly to say the opening prayer and then after the bishop asked me to stay on the stand with him! So I stayed, and then the sacrament started and still feeling super sad I started to pour my heart out in prayer why nothing good had happened this week.. then a verse popped in my head.  One of my favs! D and C 6 verse 35-37!  It’s Jesus Christ speaking and he says we need to perform the work which he’s commanded us and to DOUBT NOT! AND FEAR NOT!! And to remember the marks in his hands and feet and be faithful and we shall inherit the kingdom of heaven! Then I remembered what Jeffery R Holland said that missionary work isn’t easy! And how Christ never had it easy either! And as I thought about Jesus Christ and his sufferings in his missionary journey and it made me feel SOO much better! I started crying up on the stand in front of everyone! (awkward..) BUT FELT SOO HAPPY!! It took a whole week but I finally learned what it was all for and learned something great from it!! And definitely humbled myself!! haha! 

BUT WE ARE SOO BLESSED ALSO TO HAVE A BAPTISM THIS COMING SATURDAY!! 

LOVE ELDER PANADERO

HAKUNA MATATA!!


FYI…this is what we had to do to get water for 4 days…pumping it out and carrying it up to the house hahaha everyday about 2 or 3 times a day!! wake up.. pump some water.








No comments:

Post a Comment