Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, March 27, 2017

FIRST WEEK IN DARAGA -WEEK 86

WOAHHH ANOTHER WEEK...GONE! First week in Daraga down and 17 to go! hehehe So about Daraga, well it’s about the exact same as Guino... small teaching pool and not really any progressing investigators! BUT it’s GOING GREAT!  So this week was a lot of just walking around to all of our areas and showing me like our whole area and then teaching some of our investigators but mostly teaching less actives or "resting" members is what they're called here haha! But it’s soo sweet out here we have these 3 guys that are 18/19 yrs old and they work everyday! One guy worked with us everyday the whole day then his friend would come when he was done with school so it’s so much fun going out and working! Cause we’re always happy and it’s also good cause we can do splits a lot! Which was weird this week.. We did splits on Saturday and Sunday and I was with these 2 guys that I didn’t even know on Saturday in an area that I barely knew haha but it was  alright then Sunday I was with some other guy I didn’t know either haha but it’s good out here the member missionary work is great! But what we’ve been trying to do this week is every resting member or just other members we go to, we teach them about missionary work, cause we know that their referrals are our ONLY HOPE!! haha 

So to answer your questions... my new comp is ELDER COPADA! He is from Taguig Manila! He’s DOPE! We get along good! Do we have any baptisms lined up?? NO starting from zero again hehehe (that’s always fun!) How’s the food situation here in Daraga!??! Well lemme tell ya! So I got here on Tuesday and that night we had a dinner at bishops house the next day we went out and worked and were tracting and after getting rejected at the first 3 houses the next one accepted us AND FED US!! and they fed us TINOLA! a really good dish here in the ppines! haha Then after we came out of our lesson there the ward mission leader texted us and said we had a lunch there, soo we went and ate AGAIN! Wanna know what dish it was?? TINOLA!! HEHEHE! Then after that we have had dinner every day except Saturday!! hahaha sooo food?? NO PROBLEM!! Any funny stories I want to share?? hmm well I held a snake this week!! hehe that was fun! and I shook hands with a monkey hahaha!! 

And a verse I would like to share with you?? hmm well how about a whole chapter!! After reading Alma 26 I found somthing that an apostle said about how AMMON experienced EVERYTHING missionaries do now! and even worse!! And it was talking about how he REALLY DID SERVE A MISSION!! IT WAS HIS STORIES!! It was not Joseph Smith writing about what it would be like to be a missionary..CAUSE HE WOULD HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE when he was translating the BOOK OF MORMON!! Just another testimony building experience to read that and then a cool feeling to be able to be EXPERIENCING what the great AMMON experienced in his missionary efforts!! 
AND I KNOW!! WHY he was soo happy!! He says that being an instrument in the Lords hands is how we can receive a FULNESS OF JOY!!! I testify that that is true! This work is HARD!! And STRESSFUL!! And I always ask myself...why are you soo happy!? Most of the time my answer is I don’t know... all I know is I'm doing what I should be doing and I'm being an instrument in His hands...SOOO I’M HAPPY!! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week this week and don’t forget to have an EXTRA BIG SMILE THIS WEEK! 

"live so that those who know you, but don’t know HIM, will want to know him because they know YOU”

LOVE ELDER PANADERO

HAKUNA MATATA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment