Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, October 19, 2015

TARA NA! -WEEK 11

TARA NA! is lets go in tagalog!

well so last week after I emailed we went back to the apartment and found out that we didnt have keys!!  so we were locked out lol! but I climbed up the house and snuck in a window!! (picture included) lol so that was fun!  and then that night we had a family home teaching thing and played a fun game with baby powder (picture also included) then tuesday we had to travel to Legazpi!  A 4 hour boat ride and then a lot of time in a van! lol  it was fun we got to go the mall in Legazpi and then just chilled and walked around the city! then wednesday we had trainers and trainees training!  WHICH MEANT I GOT TO SEE MY AMERICAN FRIENDS!!!  it was so nice to talk to americans and talk about american stuff lol!!  and then after trainers traing we went to the pier to go back to Masbate and there wasnt a boat leaving till 10 at night so we waited until then.  it was like 3 hours!! and then the boat ride was 4 hours, so we got home at like 3:30 lol so we went to bed at like 4 am and then got up at 6:30 lol I wasn't that tired thru out the day tho!! Heavenly Father blessed me with strength!!!

so on friday we had a lesson with an investigator and it was our first lesson with her. she was a referral and at the end of the lesson we invited her to pray and she was struggling thru the prayer and then as she was about to say amen she started going again and started praying for her family and started crying and then started praying for forgiveness for her past!!  the spirit was sooo strong!  I mean during the prayer I had no idea what she was saying but the spirit was telling me it was good!! lol!  but then after that lesson we went to a recent convert and I shared a scripture and I decided to share about 1Nephi 3:7 and focused on the part that says we don't have any commandments given to us unless God knows that we can accomplish them!  so I was telling her this and she is a single mom of 3 girls!  and she started crying talking about how hard it has been for her!  and I was telling her that we are never alone and we can always pray for strength from Heavenly Father!!  and she was crying and saying some jibberish tagalog that I dont understand BUT!  I do understand the spirit, and he told me that she was happy that I shared that scripture with her!! 

well yesterday we went to Uson which is like an hour away and it was soooo beautiful there, sooo many trees it was soo cool!
and then this morning we played basketball with our district it was fun!! now I'm here hehehe!

I hope everyone is doing good and reading the scriptures everyday!!  and reading conference talks!!  we are sooo blessed to have modern day revelation to guide us!!!  and we need to listen to it!!

OHHH WAIT, SO I FOUND THIS QUOTE BY JOSEPH FIELDING SMITH AND IT'S GREAT!!
"I know that the work I have been called to do is the work of God or I would not stay here one minute, no, I would not have left home.  But I know that our happiness is dependant upon my faithfulness while I am here.   I should be willing to do this much for the love of mankind when our Savior could suffer as He did for us... I am in the hands of our Heavenly Father and He will watch over me and protect me if I do His will.  And He will be with you while I am away and watch over you and protect you in all things." 

well I love you all and I know Heavenly Father is watching over you all while I am here!!! 

mahal na mahal kita lahat!! 
KAYA NINYO!!
(you can do it) 
LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

 Climbing into the apartment window!


 doing service, clearing leaves.

 baby powder activity




He got to see all of his newbie friends again!

 so happy he gets to eat normal treats once in a while!

 teaching them the "forks up"



 always hard at work!


And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.  -- 1 Nephi 3:7



No comments:

Post a Comment