Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, October 5, 2015

MASTER BAKER -WEEK 9

Well first off, the subject!  Instead of PANADERO,  they call me MASTER BAKER sorry dad I think mine is better!! 

Ok so this last week.  So on Monday last week we gave a blessing to an old man and then we came and emailed, and then on Tuesday we found out he had leukemia and then on Wednesday he died.  And I was really depressed thinking the blessing didn't work but my companion pointed out to me that it is better that he die now instead of having to live longer with leukemia and he was also like paralyzed and blind so ya, it was bad!  So my companion pointed out that that was the power of the priesthood blessing, that he would either be healed, or put out of his misery and his families misery of having to watch him struggle everyday.  k then Wednesday we took a trip to THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!  lol this whole island is the middle of nowhere, but really it was a 4 hour trike and bus ride out there, and then a 30 minute motorcycle ride into the deep parts of the jungle!!  Oh ya, and on our way out there I pooped for the first time here in Masbate!  lol ya I know like a whole week!  And we had to stop at a school and I was like 1 second away from pooping my pants!
Lol but it was all worth it, cause the investigator out there is GOLDEN!  She is READY to be baptised!!  Thursday I don't really remember too much but we taught an investigator who came to church this week!  ummm Friday we did a baptismal interview with the girl who got married last week, and she's getting baptised this coming Saturday!  SATURDAY WE HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM!!!  I didn't do it but still it was soo cool! Now Sunday! Well yesterday we did not watch conference yet we had a district conference, so all the members on Masbate Island were there!  It was a WHOPPING 200 people! LOL ya not that many members but still ALL great people!!  Then after 7 and a half hours of conference,  we went straight to a blessing..... at the top of a mountain!  lol it was a 30 minute hike up in the rain!  And then on he way down stopped at the Villiamors family area!  They all live together up in this mountain place it's sweet!  And while we were there we gave another blessing!  It's also fast Sunday we haven't eaten forever!!!  Well now today I'm here just chillin!  I love you all!

ps. if you're ever having a bad day read a couple hymns they're the best!

LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

the motorcycle ride
 the school with the "bathroom" lol


 baptism



Just hum your favorite hymn,
Sing out with vigor and vim.
And you will find it clears your mind,
Hum your favorite hymn.






No comments:

Post a Comment