Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, August 8, 2016

LUMAPIT KA SA AKIN! -WEEK 52

So my title this week has to do with 2 things!!  Well first of all it means "come unto me" so first it is part of our purpose as missionaries! Because part of our purpose is to invite others to COME UNTO CHRIST!  Sooo how as missionaries do we invite them to come unto Christ...by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, baptism, receiving the holy ghost and enduring to the end!

WELL this last week I got to see a lot of coming unto Christ!! And GREAT MISSIONARY WORK!! So on Tuesday we got to attend a baptism of a child of record! Then after that on Saturday I had the privilege of baptizing 3 boys of one part member family and then baptizing the husband of the boys older sister!! So we completed one family and then almost completed the other, but the one sister is waiting for her older brother to baptize her who is in the navy right now!
BUT HOW GREAT THE EXPERIENCE TO SEE 5 PEOPLE COMING UNTO CHRIST THRU BAPTISM!!! in one week! WHOOP THERE IT IS!

The other part of the coming unto Christ comes from a verse I read the other day in D & C forgot the reference hehe but it says "draw near unto me and I will draw near to you" WHAT A GREAT PROMISE!!  Everyone in life feels sometimes like Christ is moving away from them and making their life harder, but we are just making the mistake of not making our effort of coming unto Him and asking for His grace and mercy!! Cause we have the promise when we do that He will come unto us and comfort us!!  Luckily I haven't had anything like that happening to me, but this last Sunday was testimony meeting and so many people were testifying of overcoming their trials and I wish I would have found that verse before sacrament, but I found it after church!! But at least I could share it with you guys!!

LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!












Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you;
seek me diligently and ye shall find me; 
ask, and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you.  
--D & C 88:63

No comments:

Post a Comment