Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, August 1, 2016

BI...BI...BINYAG! -WEEK 51

WELL WE FINALLY GOT THAT BAPTISM WE'VE BEEN WORKING FOR!! There is nothing better than when you see someone that you found and taught all the lessons and helped get prepared for baptism and then watching them actually get baptized is literally the greatest feeling ever!! Like it says in D & C 18 how great shall be your joy if you shall bring one soul unto me!! I testify that it truly is a GREAT FEELING!! That baptism went really well. We were supposed to have Elder Merrill be with us and have his baptism also but they canceled on us but it still worked out fine!

But Saturday was CRAZY!! We did a thing called a "one day mission" which is where the members will work with us but we don't really work, we just go and find the less actives because there's a ton of less active or inactives here, but so we do splits with them just to go and find them and just get to know them and then the main thing we were doing was trying to map all the houses on the computer so that missionaries or leaders could find them easier! But we started that at 7:30 and then we ended that at like 3 and then we had to get ready for the baptism at 5 and then we finished the baptism at like 7  so we didn't end up getting home until 8 haha it was a LONG DAY hahaha but it was a super succesful day and very rewarding!!

Then on Saturday night the branch president decides to let me know that I have a talk the next day haha but that was ok! He told me to talk about missionary work.  As I thought about it, I thought of the spirit of missionary work and how do we get the spirit of missionary work! One of the things that came to my mind and stuck out a lot to me, is that we believe that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ restored the one and only church of Jesus Christ through a man named Joseph Smith and thru Joseph Smith, he received heavenly power to do sacred ordinances in the church, but most importantly we believe that this is THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE CHURCH ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH! Do you realize how great of a claim that is!! We don't just believe that we have the most true doctrine, but THE true doctrine!  "HOW GREAT THE IMPORTANCE TO MAKE THESE THINGS KNOWN UNTO THE CHILDREN OF MEN" 2 NEPHI 2:8 That talk made me realize how great my calling is and how important it is!! But more importantly, how important it is for you guys!! Normal people with a ton of friends that don't yet know THE  TRUTH!!

I KNOW THAT THIS WORK THAT WE ARE DOING IS THE LORDS WORK!! WE ARE ON THE LORDS TEAM!! AND I GUARANTEE THE LORDS TEAM WILL WIN!!

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUTOUT TO MY FAVORITE BOY IN THE WORLD!! THE MOST GWAPO 5 YEAR OLD WALKING THE STREETS OF AMERICA!! LOVE YOU ASHER!! HAVE A GOOD BIRTHDAY!!
STAY FRESH!
STAY SWAG!
STAY GWAPO!

Love you all soo much!!

LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment