Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, October 17, 2016

CONQUERING TYPHOONS SPREADING GOOD TIDINGS!! -WEEK 62

Well this week was EXCITING like always hahaha!! Never a dull moment out here!!

This week was great we had a typhoon on Saturday but it was nothing really, we were told to stay inside and be ready for anything bad to happen, but I was "lucky" (my mom says lucky I say unlucky) to be here in the main land not really close to any of the coast right now so we didn't get anything too bad. It actually hit pretty bad in one of our zones out on Catanduanes island! There was a lot of rain!!! And a lot of flooding and some people may have died! So please give your prayers to those people that may have been affected by the typhoon! But like our mission hymn says, "whether rain comes down in torrents or the sun is there instead we always share the gospel word we show no fear no dread!" We were still able to get a lesson that night that we had promised one of our investigators we would go to so we made our way to her house and she was surprised and happy that even though there was a typhoon we still made it to the lesson! 

ONE GREAT THING I LOVE ABOUT TYPHOONS!! can you guess???    SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES!! 

I made sure that Sunday at church we could find someone who needed service after the typhoon and we got a project tomorrow cleaning up a yard! 
Other than that lil typical problem we still had normal work all week! It’s been a struggle here! Tracting is HARD! Well it’s easy for me BUT THE PEOPLE ARE HARD! hahaha but no matter how hard it is to keep going from house to house until you find that person that is waiting for you we keep going and pushing forward!! I guess we weren't diligent enough, cause we still didn't find the person that is ready for us...BUT I DID MAKE SOME GOOD FRIENDS!! haha  I'll tell a quick story of our tracting that I thought was fun! 

So while walking from yet another house that rejected us.. a guy yells at me in English "hey where you going" hahaha he wasn't expecting me to answer that I was coming over to become his friend inTagalog! His reply... "oh hey he speaks Tagalog" haha! Well we started talking and then he introduced me to all his friends that were sitting by us and then I was able to bear a quick testimony of our message to them and they said we could come back and teach them another day because they were leaving! hahaha It was one of those times that even though tracting is hard and stressful sometimes that it’s still SO FUN TALKING TO AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE!! 

Mom to answer your questions 1. Biggest challenge this week? Finding new investigators   2. Biggest sucess this week?  ALWAYS STAYING POSITIVE and making new friends!  3. Who was my favorite person I met this week? Either that guy I talked about earlier or the guy that rejected us right before that guy hahaha even though he rejected us, we had a funny interaction! 4. What’s the weirdest thing i ate this week? PIZZA! hahaha I had pizza for the first time earlier today! yummiest! DIY BURGER it’s this place you make your own burger hence the "DIY" and it was like real BEEF  AND CHEESE AND MEAT AHHHH!! SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!  

Love you all thanks for the support and prayers palagi! 

LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment