Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, October 24, 2016

IT'S SOOOO WORTH IT!! -WEEK 63

HEYOO!! What’s up fam and friends!

So here’s another update on whats been going on out here in GUINOBATAN! Well this week we were able to do the c.s.p we had planned and cleaned up this guys house and it was great cause he gave us some rambutan! I'm sure you have no idea what that is, but it’s delicious!! But this week was great, we were able to go to one of our FAR areas! hahaha We have a group out in one of our areas like 45 minutes away from our area! BUT THE AREA IS GREAT!! People are so open to the gospel and it’s GREAT cause there is one guy out there that’s like 60 yrs old, and him and his wife WILL WORK WITH US ALL DAY EVERYDAY if we were working out there!! Like for real they're awesome, cause like you have to walk A LOT!! haha like A LOT! Sometimes like up to one hour of walking up mountains hahaha cause the area is literally up in the mountains!! But when I asked tatay Orlina how he can do it walking around and still being soo happy! His response was AWESOME!! He said "as you're walking to their house and sweating and breathing really hard as you get closer and closer to their house my heart just gets so happy and I can’t wait to share with them, and when you get to their house you get to rest and talk with some of our brothers and sisters!” It's amazing the sacrifice this guy gives for missionary work and his wife…. who can walk for an hour up a mountain and not even look like she’s walked at all! remember 60 yrs old!! HAHAHA But I was super humbled by my experience to work out there these last 2 times this last week! I love that area! And the members out there love the gospel! Something sad happened this last week tho.. at our sacrament meeting out there a very little people showed up.. then bishop said under his breath if this is all thats gonna come we might shut this group down... and the one tatay that works with us heard and just about died!! he didn’t complain or anything, but looked like you just pulled his heart out of his chest!! Even though he goes to church in the main area too he had no problem but the other people out there that wouldn't be able to attend church in the main area would be the ones to suffer!! BUT as we had the sacrament, bishop had a huge CHANGE of heart and after the sacrament we started setting plans for beautifying the little sacrament area!! And we are gonna be doing a lot out there to help beautify that and then we started planning a 1 day mission to help progress the area out there!! I'm so happy to be here and help them with this area!! Tatay Orlina opened my eyes to missionary work!! Like the scripture that talks about the joy we will have after helping people come unto Christ!! And I know everything that I'm going thru and all other people on missions is SOOO WORTH IT! 

I LOVE THIS WORK!! 


PS. I forgot to say that the guy that works with us looks just like my dad hahaha!! So it makes working with him WAY MORE FUN!!
LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!








 Went to some old ruins called Cagsawa Kanina.  It’s an old church from the 1500’s….. it was Cool!





And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
                                                   -- D & C 18: 15-16




No comments:

Post a Comment