Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, January 2, 2017

MALIGAYANG PASKO AT MANIGONG BAGONG TAON!! -WEEK 74

Subject line translated:  MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS! It’s soo good to be back and to be able to see how all of your Christmas and New Years has been!! I hope everyone had a great time this year!! Cause I definitely had a Christmas that I will never forget!! So I’ll give you guys a quick lil overview of what has happened these last 2 weeks!

So last week we had CHRISTMAS PARTIES EVERYDAY HAHAHA! The only day we didn’t have a party was on Tuesday.  So we had a ton of fun that week and a lot of FOOD HAHAHAHA! We had our group Christmas party on Wednesday up in Lomacao and that was really fun. I think we had more investigators come than we did members haha so we found a lot of new people to teach! But it was just a simple party, we had some presentations and some spiritual lessons and then food and then karaoke! haha FILIPINOS LOVE KARAOKE! HAHAHA they sang karaoke until 2 am! We had left around 7 but they kept going till 2 am hahaha! Then the next day we had our ward Christmas party and it was sooo much fun, something I’ll never forget!  I remember after doing our missionary presentation at the party and going and sitting down and right after that I just felt sooo sad... I was so sad. That that was my last Christmas here in the Philippines!  Last Christmas on the mission... there is just something that makes Christmas soo special while out here on the mission! and I’m gonna miss it! 

So that was the parties then came Christmas day.  Christmas day was soo fun because it was a Sunday and soo spiritual!  I don’t know if this is how it is in America, but out here if Christmas is a Sunday they only have sacrament... so that was weird! But then came Sunday night... the night of TYPHOON NINA! hahaha We had a super typhoon the night of Christmas! It was the strongest typhoon I have been in out here on the mission! It started to get really strong around 9:30 or 10 but we went out at like 9 and it was strong. The wind and rain was coming down hard!! After we went back inside I sat outside on our little balcony and watched the trees outside and I actually watched a coconut tree fall down from the wind! That was crazy! But after it started to die down I went to sleep and then woke up the next morning and the streets were just filled with leaves and branches! Almost every single banana tree out here fell over and alot of coconut trees fell down! That morning...supposed to be p-day, we had a csp at a members house cutting a tree in pieces that fell down on their house, and then that night had dinner at our bishops house. We didn’t really get a p-day that day cause there wasn’t any electricity! So sorry if I didn’t reply to your emails! haha But then we had a brown out this WHOLE entire week! We just barely got power back on Saturday night for New Years and then it died again on Sunday and now it’s back on for now... who knows when it will die again!! haha

This whole entire week has just been service projects in the morning, working a little in the afternoon then studies at night cause there’s no power! Actually earlier this morning we got to build a member a new house!! Her house was completely gone after the storm and alot of the members came out to help us build them a new house!! Love the member support out here!  All I ask is just pray for the people out here to recover quickly from the storm! Thankfully not many people died!  But I’m just thankful I made it thru another storm hahaha! Up next is living thru a volcano eruption!! Hopefully I get to see that before I leave!! 

I LOVE ALL OF YOU SOO MUCH I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR AND I HOPE ALL OF YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT 2017!! 

Fun quote I found “When you come out of this storm you won’t be the same person you were when you went in…that's what this storms all about" 
I know each and every one of us have our own storms! But don’t forget that God has a plan for each of us! We will all learn something from our individual "storms" and come out stronger and more ready for the next storms that are to come! 

LOVE ELDER BAKER

HAKUNA MATATA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment