Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Challenge: Become Truly Converted to Christ -WEEK 2


So to start off this week, we watched the Character of Christ devotional and it absolutely changed my whole perspective on missionary life and just everyday life. In the devotional he challenges every one to become truly converted to Christ! So that was my whole goal this week! Later that Sunday we found out that our entire branch is in the choir lol but it is so fun cause we are singing like this pop up beat song like one you would hear in like a church in the south! It makes me want to stand up and start clapping my hands and dancing! lol its called johns song! and we get to perform with the band at one of our devos!

Monday I had to clean like 20 toilets lol it kinda sucked! The rest of Monday was just like studying and chilling so that was nice.  Tuesday was a great day because I became like best friends with everyone in my district and I love these guys!  Also on Tuesday we had a lesson with our "investigator" and it went so well our tagalog is coming along so good! And he said he commited to baptism! I know its fake but it still made me happy because if the "investigator" doesnt like the missionaries he can kick them out so we did pretty good!

Thursday nothing good happened really. EXCEPT i finally saw LUKER!  It was soo nice seing someone I knew!  I also see Earl Cody and Patrick all the time too so thats nice!
And then Friday! ughhh yesterday was terrible! I woke up terribly sick and the day just seemed to last forever!!! But it was cool because our investigator became our teacher and taught us ways to become a better missionary!

Well I love you all I miss you all so much! I'm gonna give a brief testimony in tagalog so you see what its like!

Alam ko po na totoo ng simbahan. Alam ko po na manunubos po si Jesuchristo. Alam ko po na totoo ng pagbabayad-sala. Mahal ko ng simbahan, mahal ko si Jesuchristo si pangalan ni Jesuchristo amen.
 Rough translation:  I know this church is true.  I know that Jesus Christ is my redeemer. I know that the atonement is true.  I love this church, I love Jesus Christ.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Baker


 According to Dillon, this guy in red is the
funniest guy he's ever met!


 Missionaries all walking to the temple - great sight!

He knows I will follow him,
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior's love,
The love he freely gives me.


No comments:

Post a Comment