Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Monday, August 17, 2015

Keep the Elder "Baker's" Coming!

A handwriten letter dad received from Dillon:



August 17


Dear Dad,

So last night we performed with the Nashville Tribute Band and we were singing two songs.  The first was "John's Song" it talked about John the Baptist and baptising Jesus.  But the second song was the good one.  It's called "I Was Born" and it talks about people from all around the world going to serve missions and at one point the guy says "born the son of humble converts........and I'm here to pay it forward." And I felt the spirit so strong at that moment knowing that what I'm doing here is not only for me but it's for you!

I'm so happy that I was able to be your first son to serve a mission!  And I can't wait to keep the Elder "Baker's" coming!  I love you, I miss you!  But I know that I can do this hard thing in my life because I have you pushing me thru it!

KYC!

Love,

Elder Baker

ps   I know this is a little early I just didn't want to forget!!!  But make sure you give Court an extra BIG hug from me on her Birthday!  Thanks Love you!





Born the son of humble converts, and I'm here to pay it forward.
And we are here to serve our King! Children of the most high. 
And it's His good news that we bring As we labor gladly bringing souls to Christ.
We are born of goodly parents,  blessed souls of a rich inheritance.
We are children of the Father, an army of His sons and daughters.
                                           ---Nashville Tribute Band





No comments:

Post a Comment