Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. --D & C 100:5-6

Sunday, March 27, 2016

BI...BI...BINYAG!!! -WEEK 34

THERE'S NOTHING I LOVE BETTER THAN TYPING THAT SUBJECT OUT LOL!!!  Well this week we have the baptism of Roben Flores!!  Or ROBINHO!!! LOL!! I'M SUUUPER EXCITED AND I THINK I WILL BE BAPTISING HIM!!  Cool story about him.  In the interview the zl asked him why he was excited to be baptized and his reply was because he wants to become an elder like us!!! MAN, WHEN I HEARD THAT I WAS OVERWHELMED WITH JOY!!  And to think about if some of the people I baptize serve missions, then I'm not just saving that one soul, I'm helping save all the people he will save on his mission, and then all the people that those people will help!!  It just goes on FOREVER OR WALANG HANGANN!! 

Well this week was semana santa! Or holy week! So we had a curfew at 7 oclock because it's a lil dangerous to be outside at night!! Well obviously whoever made that rule hasn't read Psalms 56:11!! lol It says a lil something like I have God on my side I will not fear what man can do to me! 

Well funny story so I found that verse just like last week and then this week I realized why I found it last week.  Because one night when we were walkin home from a far area at night, I saw a guy a ways down the road and kinda walking scarily like swaying his arms alot kinda like a gorilla!  Well, as he got closer I was still watching him then he turned off the road to go down an alley.  BUT he stopped and looked at me straight in the eyes for about 5 seconds, so I said magandang gabi po (good evening) and as soon as the words left my mouth he dropped 2 big rocks from his hands and ran to right in front of me and dropped to his knees and told me to pray for him!  Well at first I was like wait what is happening... and then I reached out my hand to pick him up and asked what was wrong and he said he didn't want to be abandoned... well I told him to walk with us back to his house, but he wanted to continue down the alley.  So we continued, but I looked back and saw him pick up the 2 rocks so I ran back to him and asked what he was doing... well he told me he was going to take care of some people... well I wasn't gonna have that hahaha so I brought him with of us and took the rocks from him and walked him back to his house!  And now we want to go back and visit him, but we've heard he is kind of crazy, but I just want to make sure he is like still okay!! 

Well I also heard it was Easter this week and I had totally forgot!! but thinking about Easter reminds me about last conference and just about every conference and the prophets and apostles always testify that they know He lives! As in Jesus Christ.  Well when I started my mission I was kinda confused about why it was soo important that he lives now... well I found out a couple months ago that because He lives NOW we will all be able to live again also!!  And last week I built my testimony even more on that principle!!  I was studying about the resurrection and I read that if there was no resurrection, there would be absolutely no point in this life!  Because we could sin all we wanted and after this life it was just be over... BUT BECAUSE OF THE GLORIOUS RESURRECTION OF OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST WE WILL ALL LIVE AGAIN!!  
I WANT TO BEAR MY TESTIMONY TO ALL OF YOU I KNOW HE LIVES WITHOUT A SHADOW OF DOUBT!!  IF I DIDN'T HAVE THAT TESTIMONY I WOULDN'T BE HERE RIGHT NOW!!  BUT I'M SO GRATEFUL I AM!! 

I LOVE YOU ALL SOO MUCH!!  
LOVE ELDER BAKER
HAKUNA MATATA!!

Did Jesus really live again?
Yes, when the third day came,
He wakened and he left the tomb;
He called Mary's name.
Did Jesus come to those he loved?
Yes, people touched his feet,
And of the fish and honeycomb
He did truly eat.
And there were nail-prints in his hands
And a spear wound in his side.
Did Jesus really live again
After he had died?  Oh yes!  
And so shall I!



No comments:

Post a Comment